15 Jun Enjoy A Brighter Smile With Teeth Whitening
If you could make just one improvement in your smile, many people might wish for whiter teeth. A total smile makeover isn’t necessary to achieve that brighter smile thanks to the options available in cosmetic dentistry today.
Teeth whitening products purchased from the drug store come with drawbacks. If you read the small print, you will see that generic trays, pastes, gels and strips can take many applications over a period of days or weeks. And the result can’t compare to the “wow” smile your cosmetic dentist can provide.
The reason for the difference in results is that the professional whitening options available with your dental provider contain the most powerful whitening agents available. And because they are dispensed by your dentist, you can:
- Be absolutely certain that you will receive only the safest, approved whitening products available.
- Ask questions about teeth whitening products to get information unavailable from across the counter products.
- Feel confident that you are getting the best product for your particular needs.
- Sit back and know that in about an hour, your in-office whitening procedure will provide you with a dazzling smile.
- Get spectacular results with take-home whitening products that you can use at your convenience in the comfort of your home.
In-office whitening can brighten your smile up to eight shades. The process involves a barrier being placed in your mouth to protect the soft tissue from the whitening agents. A light or laser is used to accelerate the whitening process. Immediate results are not always realized as in-office whitening can continue to work with final results evident in about two weeks. Touch-up products are available to keep that smile bright.
If you lean more toward the convenience of at-home whitening, your cosmetic dentist will be able to provide you with the most effective products available. At-home whitening does take a little longer, but you can achieve similar results.
Sensitivity to whitening products is a possibility, but generally ceases at the completion of treatment. If you know you are susceptible to sensitivity, there are toothpastes that can be used leading up to whitening treatment that will help reduce the sensitivity effects.
A bright, dazzling smile can be a reality after a dental exam and consultation to determine the best option for you. Contact the Tulsa office of Dr. Mark E. Massaro to schedule your visit.