08 Mar Top 5 Benefits of Lumineers
Lumineers are ultra-thin veneers that are about as thick as a contact lens and can be placed directly on top of a patient’s biological tooth. This unique characteristic of these veneers offers patients a number of advantages. Here is an overview of the top five benefits of veneers.
- Lumineers eliminate the need to prep the teeth prior to veneer placement. With traditional porcelain veneers, a dentist would need to remove a certain amount of enamel from a patient’s tooth in advance in order to make room for the veneer. With Lumineers, this step is unnecessary.
- Lumineers can be removed at any time. If for some reason you become dissatisfied with your Lumineers or no longer want them for any reason, your dentist can remove the veneers with no adverse effects to your smile. In contrast, conventional veneers must always be replaced after they are removed because you no longer have a complete layer of enamel in that spot.
- Patients do not need to wear temporary veneers with Lumineers. A patient who chooses traditional porcelain veneers might need to wear temporary veneers while they are waiting for the permanent veneers to be crafted by the dental lab. However, because Lumineers require no advanced removal of enamel, there’s no need for temporary devices.
- Lumineers can be placed without the use of a local anesthetic, so the patient doesn’t need to endure a shot to numb the nerves in the area.
- Lumineers are highly customizable and versatile. They are specifically designed to match the patient’s unique smile, and they can conceal a variety of flaws, such as chips, cracks or stains.
Do you want to learn more about the benefits of Lumineers and how they might help you improve your smile’s appearance? Call our office to set up an initial consultation to get more information on this treatment option and how it might apply to your case.